Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall Beauty


I spent a quiet day by myself last Wednesday. Dick went to Corvallis to golf and Linc and I remained at the beach on a bright and sunny day. It definitely was a fall day but we had sunshine and bright blue skies. I was working on Halloween costumes for the grandkids when a group of 5 connected kites caught my eye. I had to take pictures. They were beautiful! A little while later, a group of brown pelicans flew low over the water. They had been near extinction until recently so it is nice to see them back on the West coast. Later in the afternoon we sat on the deck reading and there were only 3 people on the beach. This is definitely off-season and very peaceful. Evening is my favorite time of day on the coast. The dark rocks really stand out against the white breaking waves. I feel like my eyes have been tuned to high definition. Finally by morning, a huge moon was still shining over the ocean and leaving a long reflection on the water like a moon at night over a lake. Looking back, it was an extremely gorgeous day. Just beauty and the beach!

No comments: