Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We finished up the Jr. Golf program yesterday with 5 holes of golf, hot dogs, drinks and happy kids. What could be better?
Tomorrow I am off to Portland to babysit St. John while Liz works at Sand in the City. I have volunteered at this event for a few years but this year I volunteered to help watch SJ. On Friday, sand will be dumped into Pioneer Square in downtown Portland and it will be a madhouse with people building sand sculptures. But what a sight when they are finished! It is a major fundraiser for the non-profit Liz works for, Kids on the Block. Good Luck.
I am also anticipating a fun time at St. John's birthday party on August 1st. I can't believe he is going to be a year old. Then again, Liz was pretty big at Sand in the City last year and we were all on pins and needles anticipating a childbirth DURING the event.
The girls are all very happy at camp. Allison is shouldering more responsibilities daily especially with camp stepping out on it's own this year. It should be a challenge. Eliana, Sarina and Dena are all making us laugh with their activities. Sarina had lost her towel at the swimming pool and had to have a counselor dry her off. The towel will show up. Dena is going to bed nightly wearing a pair of underwear OVER her pajamas and diaper (in anticipation of someday really needing them). I got an email from Eliana today (even though she is living right here) telling me how much she loves camp, and she loves camp, she really loves camp.
I have been working on broken things recently...a broken dishwasher (2 weeks waiting for a part) and a little bump on my car (I've turned into that garage a hundred times and never bumped before). Plus trying to get the sand to exit my house even though the girls dump their shoes outside and shower after beach time. Is Dick bringing it in? Am I? It is a mystery.
Other than that, things are pretty normal around here: Starbuck's regularly to see friends (they have a corner that is called Dick's office and friends actually stop by because they know we are there...4 people today), golf for Dick, keeping up with family and friends for me, grooming Mr. Lincoln, nose prints, hand prints and salt off the windows, reading, cooking dinner nightly when my campers got home, watching the surf and wildlife and getting out in the community. Just another fine day at the beach.

No comments: