Saturday, June 13, 2009


I am still doing laundry but the towels are now finished and I am on to blankets and (can you believe it?) 16 more sets of sheets. I think this will be it and all of it can be hauled out to camp soon. Whew.

Dick was out walking Mr. Lincoln this morning and a garbage trucked pulled over to talk to him. The guy said he has been watching Dick on channel 4 (Government Access Channel) and likes what he has been doing and likes his ideas during the City Council meetings. He isn't the only stranger to recognize Dick and stop to chat. Makes it all worthwhile.

We stopped by Starbucks this morning as Dick headed out to marshal at the golf course. They had what they call the "golfer's special" ready for him. It was a cup of coffee and croissant bagged up and ready to shoo him out the door so he could make his tee-time (only today he wasn't playing). For me, on the other hand, it was a plate with a warm croissant, a newspaper and the overstuffed chair. I'm not sure who got the better service...but it was great service for both of us.

I came home to continue the laundry and watched the 5K beach run go by our house....see pictures above. I take pictures rather than participate!

Just another day at the beach.

No comments: