Friday, March 26, 2010

2010 Census

I am now officially working for the 2010 Census Bureau! I have completed 24 plus hours of training, I have all my materials and I am ready to roll. Can't tell you much about what I will do our I will have to either kill you or go to jail. Privacy is a must. I can tell you that the US Government has labelled me a GQ Enumerator and I will be enumerating. It sounds like exterminator or annihilator so it does sound ominous, doesn't it? I will be counting heads.

I learned the scripts, forms and have boxes of materials. I started each day of my training much earlier than I would have liked but I have a temporary job and it only comes around once every 10 years. It should be fun meeting people, too. Did you send in your survey? Did you receive one? Dick and I didn't but we managed to find a place to get one so as of tomorrow, we will be legal according to the Census Bureau.

Census Day is April 1st. Happy birthday, Janet, also. I will be out interviewing. Be thinking of me. It will be just an Enumerating day!

No comments: