Friday, April 16, 2010

Garage Sale Anyone?

Have you ever shopped a garage sale? Have you ever held one? This weekend Lincoln City is holding a huge garage sale...all over town. Addresses of the sales were published in the newspaper with maps, times and an idea of what each garage sale might have. Some were individuals, some were churches where members all gathered together for a big garage sale and I even saw one where someone or a group of people are actually using a vacant storefront for their garages sale. A warehouse just up our street and across from the Catholic Church is open as a garage sale selling flowers for the garden. The Connie Hansen Garden is also having their plant sale this weekend. WOW!

This is an annual event and is even extending into Newport this year. We even have a group of women staying in the vacation rental next door who came down last night so they wouldn't miss any bargains. They hit the sales early. Dick and I had a heck of a time downsizing to move here so I don't think I will venture out. I don't really need anything but would probably drag something home anyway. So I think it will be just another flowery day...I might hit that sale up the street!

No comments: