Saturday, September 1, 2012

I have decided to turn over a new leaf and write on this blog daily just for myself. Grandkids have gone home. The house has been brought back to normal but still needs some attention to details. The summer sun is still out even though the fall temperatures are trying to creep in to the beach. So, now is the time to do something for me. Give me another 3 days and will probably complain that I haven't seen my grandkids or kids enough, however.

So, Dick and I went to the Portland Timbers game in Portland last night. We drove Dreidel home to his girls and Jason then off to soccer. I know I am a Parrothead and love following Jimmy Buffet but now I am hooked on the Timbers, too. Not quite ready at my age to start being in the Timbers Army but I love watching them and chanting along with that crowd. Great soccer weather last night and we have that trip with all the crowds down to a science so the comings and goings to a game are easy.

Then this morning we had coffee and French pastries at St. Honore in the sunshine and then to the Lake Oswego Farmers Market. I think this is one of the best around. It may not be as big as the Portland one but it has a lot and overlooks the lake. Sitting out at the bakery waiting for it to pen isn't too shabby either. So relaxing and we now have artichokes and corn for our dinners this week.

So after seeing ALL the family for a few minutes, we made a few more stops...including our Organic garden...and headed back to "our beach". The view right out our windows is one of the best in the world.

It is a 10plus day!

No comments: